Monday, April 26, 2021

Couch Lock Network Presents: 4/20 SF Comedy Special

This year 420, started at 4:30 am because I had to be at work at 5:30 am to get the guys out on the road for their deliveries for the day. So with a gradual pick up to get my day going, I was able to get some orders packed for the following day’s delivery and fit in a nice session with my coworker of a joint I rolled and a puff co device with some fire concentrate he contributed. So it’s safe to say this holiday for people like us that don’t celebrate to the fullest like we used to, truly started as a great day.
​ Today I will be covering THE COUCH LOCKED network event by Berner. This event will be presented by Berner the owner of Cookies and numerous other ventures. He has set up an event that will be hosted by comedians Michael Blackson (Comic View, Next Friday) and Paul Rodriguez Sr. (Ali, Proud Family). It will kick off at 4:00 pm with Cipha Sounds, 4:40 pm Teddy Ray, 5:10 pm Precious Hall, 5:50 pm Bob Saget, 6:20 pm Jeff Ross, and ending with the great comedian Lil Duval.
This event took place in San Francisco of course which is the perfect place to have an event at if not Los Angeles or Colorado especially if it’s surrounded by marijuana. Jeff Ross and Lil Duval are highly respected comedians so I’m excited to see what they talk about. Today I set myself up with some Seth Rogen HousePlant product. I used a delivery service, and it had a very high delivery fee so I will not shout them out nor will I speak about them by name. The strain I’m enjoying while watching this event is RainBand by HousePlant, which is a cross of Triangle Kush x Animal Mints and after the first joint I’ll say it hits and the nose matches the high. It’s a strain I would try again without that high delivery fee on top of the price of 3.5 grams which goes pretty fast for OG stoners.
​Couch Locked cost about $30 a day of the event, $28 with 420 discount, and was a $25 presale which I should have jumped on but wasn’t sure on how long the workday would go. Cipha sounds kicked it off with Cypress Hills I Like To Get High which is in most stoners’ top ten weed songs. Cipha sounds had a decent set before the show kicked off.
Teddy Ray LA native was the first comedian to hit the stage who did a great job especially when he kept bringing up the fact he was smoking some cookie strain from Berner that had him too faded but ended his set with his weed version of Erykah Badu’s “Back In The Day”. Precious Hall (All Def Digital Comedian) was a decent follow-up that did not have too many jokes that made the audience laugh. Snoop Dogg and his cannabis brand Doggy Bag also received some love when there was a brief commercial. The third comedian was cipha sounds who also served as the night’s DJ and to be honest Cipha was not bad at all and I wouldn’t mind seeing him do his own set in New York. PAUL Rodriguez did a great job of filling in. Bob Saget opened great with San Francisco jokes that got everyone’s attention. “Wake Up San Francisco” a line from Family Matters and the line “I’m going to put a shoebox on my lap and give you guys a show” which Bob Saget said only hat line was because the crowd wasn’t as interactive or laughing because most of them were stoned. Bob Saget had an amazing set that he ended with one of his musical comedy songs. Jeff Ross King of Roasting, people have crowned him as, since his show Celebrity Roast on Comedy Central. Jeff Ross set was noteworthy especially when he asked the crowd if they were up to be speed roasted. Lil Duval did what he does best to feel out the crowd and do his set that fits what’s in front of him. It wasn’t his best nor was it trash but it was great for a first one back since lockdown first happened last year.
I would have liked to have had attended the event but towards the back, because it seemed like it was more people than necessary. I’m sure it was a great time but I enjoyed being at home eating, smoking, and laughing to high moments while watching this Couch Lock Network event by Berner. Can’t wait for the LA event he hopefully makes happen this year or the following.



source https://westcoaststyles.com/culture/2021/04/couch-lock-network-presents-4-20-sf-comedy-special/

No comments:

Post a Comment

WCS A&R Spotlight; On the come up, Lj Savvy drops a new visual “TSFIL” looks to kick off Savvy Summer

Pomona native Lj Savvy has been crafting a sound a bit different from what is popular today. The multi-talented musician, engineer, artist...